Friday, April 6, 2012

March SOTM 2012

~March: Potential Stamp of the Month~

I made this amazing page to put into a picture frame!! Or you can alter to make into a scrapbook page!!

All the items I used are listed below:

(s1203) March: Potential -Stamp of the Month
(z1298) Texture Tools
(z679) Liquid Glass
(z1039) Create-a-shade Pearl Paint
(z726) Sponge Daubers
(z2114) Cocoa Ink Pad
(z2116) Cranberry Ink Pad
(z1686) Cricut Art Philosophy Collection
(x5900) 12x12 White Daisy Cardstock
(z1151) 3-D Foam Tape

Prepping:
My first step into creating this beautiful layout was cutting out the three shapes from the cricut. I cut the two tags at 2 1/4 inches and cut the circle as the stamp called for. I then inked the edges of the shapes using my sponge daubers & the cocoa ink pad. Using the cranberry ink pad I stamped the two sentaments on the tags & with the cocoa I stamped the large circle design. Then again using the sponge daubers and cocoa ink pad I also inked the edges of my photos! This made the pictures pop off the page in a very "soft" way!

Background:
I had gathered some dictionary pages from a medical dictionary I had and used all the pages with the word "cardio" in it...meaning "heart" :-). Using liquid glass as my adhesive for the dictionary pages, I laid them every which way on the page (I cut my cardstock down to 8 1/2x 11) and cut the excess off when it was done drying. Then with a foam paint brush I painted on the Pearl Paint to my liking. It gave it a beautiful glow! (make sure you have a place mat down, this can get very messy! lol)

Final Steps:
Once the paint was dry I then used adhesive to glue down the pictures and used the 3-D Foam Tape to adhear the two tags and circle!!

If you have any questions or want to buy these products just head on over to my website!!




1 comment: